The 8 10, 12, 15, and 18-inch SA series, by Sundown Audio, is the undisputed king of subwoofers. They are used by professional audio installers and audiophiles alike. But there’s a lot more to these subs than just wattage capacity.
If you’re looking for the perfect upgrade for your car or truck’s sound system, then your search is over.
This is everything you need to know about the Sundown Audio SA v2 Subwoofers Series.
Table of Contents
Known Upgrades with the Sundown Audio SA v2 vs. v1:
1) Magnet outer diameter increased from 180mm to 190mm
2) Magnet slugs increased from 25mm to 27mm in height (total 4mm more height)
3) Motor structure fully bolted together with 3x M6 bolts (eliminates the possibility of motor shifting)
4) Top-Plate “Slits” implemented as with the X and Z series. Increased cooling & reduced distortion.
5) Improved gap venting — more / flared gap vents.
6) Improve pole-vent design — smoothly flared on both sides.
7) Coil increased from 63.5mm (2.5″) to 70mm (2.75″) in diameter. Higher thermal capacity.
8) New “U series” style cast-aluminum frame for taller cones (more x-mech both top-side from cone to spider and bottom from spider to top plate)
9) Aluminum cast gasket to bolt-on surround.
10) Aluminum cast vent ring to enhance thermal transfer from the motor to the frame.
11) Standard with double “XL” leads and “bolted-on” spider
12) Larger and thicker surround (same tooling as U series).
13) Strongest paper cones we have ever produced… new two-piece mold technique that we will expand to other cones in the future.
14) “Large Flange” dust cap just like our larger woofers. Essentially eliminates dust-cap glue failure.
15) Larger spider diameter on the 12/15″ models (the 10″ retains the same 188mm spider)… 12″ up to ~200mm and 15″ up to ~210mm
16) Improved spider material — same “hybrid” material sandwich that we implemented on the Rev.4 of the X & Z series spiders (as well as X-8 v3)
Sundown Audio SA 8 inch subwoofer is, in my opinion, the best subwoofer for the money. It offers incredible value at $250, and one would be hard-pressed to find a better-performing subwoofer in its price range.
The Sundown Audio SA 8 stands big, beefy, and highly underrated for its insane performance. Great for compact set up, truck set up, and extreme bass fanatics.
Sundown Audio SA 8 v.3 power output continuously
RMS: 500 Watts
The SA series are some of the most well-rounded subs, and they can be used in any car audio or home audio system.
Sundown Audio SA 10-inch subwoofer, is one of the best budget 10-inch subwoofers on the market. With a price between $300 and $350, these subs are surprisingly affordable for their performance. In addition to their economic value, the SA 10 can easily outperform more expensive subs in its class and is one of the most popular car subwoofers in its price range. Great for punchy bass and smooth lows! We would recommend you install this subwoofer in a car or SUV.
Sundown Audio SA 10 v2 power output;
RMS: 1000 Watts
Sundown Audio SA 12-inch subwoofer, is the definitive 12-inch subwoofer. With exceptional bass, the SA 12 offers unprecedented accuracy and control. For a $400 subwoofer, you would be hard-pressed to find a better-performing sub in the market. This subwoofer is very dynamic, with both deep lows and a great range for all music types!
Sundown Audio SA 12 v2 power output:
RMS: 1000 Watts
Sundown Audio SA 15-inch subwoofer, is one of the most affordable 15-inch subs on the market. For a price between $450 and $800, it would be hard to find a sub with more power at its expense. The SA 15 is the ultimate car subwoofer, offering incredible value and performance. If you love deep hard-hitting bass that isn’t an 18, this is your subwoofer. Play all your Dubstep and EDM Loud and Clear!
Sundown Audio SA 15 v2 power output;
RMS Power: 1000 Watts
Sundown Audio SA 18-inch subwoofer, is one of the best subs in its class as well as any subwoofer for mobile applications. For under 1000 dollars, you can make massive, low frequencies shake your vehicle and your neighbors’ houses. This woofer will not disappoint once you get it installed with incredible performance that makes other high-end subs seem mediocre. The SA 18 gets an extremely low bass response. This subwoofer is not meant for the weak-hearted
Sundown Audio SA 18 power output;
RMS Power: 1000 Watts
Get the Lastest Sundown Audio SA Subwoofers at Down4sound Shop. Home to the lowest price guarantee and your #1 source for Sundown Audio